Monday, July 27, 2015

44 hours and counting...



Not much of an update this week because we will see Elder McAlister within 44 hours of this post. To say we are excited would be a huge understatement.
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Family,

I really can’t believe that I am leaving and that I have ended my mission! Yesterday I had my entrevista con el presidente y él se puso muy enserio pero fue una entrevista super buena y aprendí que es lo que tengo que hacer después mi mission (interview with the president and he was serious but it was a super good interview and I learned what I have to do after my mission).

The time has really gone by fast and now we are having p-day for a few hours, and then I have a meeting on getting a job and stuff like that. After I have dinner with the president!

I will be leaving tomorrow in the morning, and time seems like it has been getting faster. I really don't know what to write you guys! I will see you guys in a short time and then we can talk a little bit more about what’s going on. I love you guys and take care!

See you soon!
Love you guys,
Elder McAlister
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the last official update while Elder McAlister is in the mission field. Instead of putting one of my thoughts in this week, I decided to put the scripture Sean picked for his mission plaque (picture from the display case from this morning below).

2 Timothy 1: 7-8

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.


Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

I won’t interpret why Sean selected this scripture, but I find it very powerful.

I will post some pictures of his homecoming at the airport on Wednesday morning, but that will be the last time I post to this blog, and I don’t know if Sean will post anything else, but I will encourage him to do so.

My last though comes from an experience this morning when I was on the stand for a funeral for a great women in our ward that passed this last week.  The stories, sentiments and testimonies shared by her children were a true tribute to both her and her husband being such incredible people and raising a strong family in the gospel. They centered their lives completely on their family, and it made me even more excited to have Sean home in a few days and have us all together once again. This little reunion on Wednesday is going to be a little taste of what it will be like for us when we are all together with our Heavenly Father.

Below is the last picture we received today from Chile, so enjoy and may God be with you….


Elder McAlister and Elder Chavez with some members on Elder McAlister's last Sunday in the mission.

Elder McAlister's mission plaque, picture taken this morning after a funeral in our chapel that I mentioned in my comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment