Tuesday, December 17, 2013

First transfer...leaving Linares

Short email from Sean this week, as he found out he is being transferred to Waltencio tomorrow, and he has a lot to do before going off to another chapter in his mission.  I sounds a little sad to be leaving, and I am sure he will miss Elder Donoso who has been such a great companion and teach to him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Everyone,

Oh the good old Christmas traditions that I miss. I hope the play was funny because usually they are. Its not a shocker who won the ginger bread house competition. But I Think we all know that me and Brooke had the best gingerbread house ever, because we were creative with putting the house backwards. Also it looks like its getting really cold up there, and here it is getting hotter and hotter, and I don't like it. 

Today was when we found out who is leaving and who is staying in Linares. I am leaving Linares and I'm going for Waltencio which is in Concepcion, we think, and we know its in the Chile Concepcion South Mission. So right now i'm not really sure who is my new companion, if he is Latino or Gringo. I will find out tomorrow which is when I leave Linares. I´m sad that I am leaving Linares because I really like it here, but I have no choice. Elder Donoso is going to be training again, but he won't find out until tomorrow if he is training a Gringo or a Latino. Right now I really want to know who will be my companion and what does my new sector look like!

This last week was pretty good! On Monday I had a mini-Cambio with Elder Larsen. He is from Texas and we had a really good time. I learned a lot from him on how I should focus on the lessons and not the Spanish in conversations, because that will come soon. Right now in Linares it looks like we are losing our baptisms, and I wont know what happens. We are starting to find really good investigators and the work is really starting up right now. The people are starting to accept us and start listening to us. I guess that I was the planting seed missionary for a lot of people, but I also got three baptisms which was cool. 

I will send you guys a picture of this plate of food I got the other day. Alicia, who is a recent convert for the other missionary's and is really rich loves to cook for us. So in the of the pictures I will send I literally have a small chicken to myself, and she gave me more meat after i finished. She loves Gringo´s and she says I´m to skinny. Because of her I feel like I have gained weight but I have know clue if I have.

For the Skype on Christmas day, right now I have no idea what is going on. They have only said we get to Skype for an hour and a half which is cool. I will tell you guys more when I find out, but right now i´m not really sure. So maybe next week I can tell you guys more about Skype.

Today I don´t have a lot of time to write because I need to go say goodbye to people. So it hasn't really felt like a p-day,  but that's alright!  

I want to say thanks for everything, and for the letters. I hope that you guys are having fun in the snow, because i miss it. I want you guys to know I love you all and I am learning Spanish, which is a blessing and I think is really cool.

I love you guys,


Elder McAlister 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A spiritual thought shared with Sean this week can again from President Thomas S. Monson. President Monson wrote the following:

"Born in a stable, cradled in a manger, He came forth from heaven to live on earth as mortal man and to establish the kingdom of God. During His earthly ministry, He taught men the higher law. His glorious gospel reshaped the thinking of the world. He blessed the sick. He caused the lame to walk, the blind to see, the deaf to hear. He even raised the dead to life. To us He has said, 'Come, follow me.'
"As we seek Christ, as we find Him, as we follow Him, we shall have the Christmas spirit, not for one fleeting day each year, but as a companion always. We shall learn to forget ourselves. We shall turn our thoughts to the greater benefit of others"

I hope everyone is having a great Christmas season, and until next week enjoy these pictures Sean sent with his email.

"We are consecrated missionaries" Elder Donoso and Elder McAlister


Part of the District Sean is serving with.



Christmas time



Elder Donoso



All this food for one person!



No idea what to say about this picture.



The District



The District II

No comments:

Post a Comment