Monday, April 14, 2014

A ukulele playing missionary?

Sounds like it was a challenging week, and like so many mission stories you hear, the last steps before baptism are always a challenge for converts.  Need to keep Elder McAlister and elder Medina in our prayers so they can help these people find the way to the waters of baptism.

Looks like they had a great p-day from the pictures Sean sent.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

McAlister Family what’s up?

Hey everyone how’s it going? I am not going to lie, I’m pretty jealous that you guys went to Park City without me (I´m crying on the inside), and did you guys buy me some fudge? The pictures are really cool also! I like the picture that Brooke sent me of Tillie with the muzzle! Jessica don’t eat too many cupcakes!!! "Because cupcake addiction is not a joke, Jim millions of people suffer each year from it"
    -Dwight Schurte 

An Office joke I just thought of (HaHa)!

I want to fight some of our investigators. We had a pretty good week, and we had some people with a date of baptism and all they need to do is go to church, but guess what? They didn't go! So it went from yes we could have a baptism here, and now we have to go back and try to get another date for a baptism, but it’s the mission. At times people are really cool in my mission and they do everything that they need to do to be baptized, but then I’m in Chile and people are super laid back in the mornings, and especially on Sunday morning (HaHa). Yanina is doing great, but she wasn’t able to go to church either. We are looking forward for this week to be an awesome week! 

This last week was pretty crazy week and I got to see the president of the mission a lot. I think that all the people I have been put with have wanted to go home, and I don't know if that's saying something about me (HaHa). My companion has been going crazy the last week and wanted to go home and we ended up going to the office of the mission a few times and he would have interviews with president. I felt like I was working in the office last week we were there a ton. He is doing so much better now and I’m hopping to keep his spirits up and focused in the work!

Nothing else really happened, it was kind of a difficult week and we are looking for a better week, this week. Today we had a zone activity and we got to go to a different beach which was so awesome. I will send you guys pictures, but all we did was adventure the beach and climb rocks and just kicked back for a few hours!

Oh and the other day it rained pretty hard and I’m so glad that I have rain gear! So thank you parents!

I hope you guys have a great week and that everything goes well I loved the pictures and the letters. It really is great to hear from you guys!

Be safe this week! Love you guys and the McAlister family is the best!

Elder McAlister

P.S. I bought a ukulele today, and I can play “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” already!
 y Sabrina es Bacan!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The spiritual thought for Sean with week came from the Prophet Thomas S. Monsonwhen he said:

"I never cease to be amazed by how the Lord can motivate and direct the length and breadth of His kingdom and yet have time to provide inspiration concerning one individual. … The Lord is in all of our lives. He loves us. He wants to bless us. He wants us to seek His help. As He guides us and directs us and as He hears and answers our prayers, we will find the happiness here and now that He desires for us."

What a great quote and thought that with as much as God has to deal with, he has the ability and love to help us as individuals.


Have a great week everyone, end until the next post enjoy these pictures from Sean p-day today…


The District on p-day at the beach.




Bus ride home after the beach...Sean is playing his new ukulele. 

The beautiful coastline.

Elder McAlister and Elder Hancock


No he didn't surf...just posing.

Still supporting the Pirates, even while in Chile.

A pirate cave!

Exploring

Not sure who this is.

Elder McAlister enjoying the coast.

Beautiful Chilean coastline.

More beautiful Chilean coastline.

Elder McAlister and his new ukulele.

No comments:

Post a Comment