Monday, April 28, 2014

First week with new companion Elder Diego Castro

Sounds like Sean’s new companion, Elder Diego Castro, are doing great.  They have only been together one week, and are working hard.  Great to hear they have a baptism coming up, and we are praying for the 4 other investigators that need to get married in order to join the church.
The scripture Elder McAlister references at the end of his email says:

Ether 12:27: “And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone how is it going?

Sounds like you guys had a great week looks like Derek and Todd got some turkeys. Sounds like not very much is changing at home! I love the picture of Tillie under her bed, such a lazy dog (HaHa). I’m glad to hear from you guys!

Well first off my new companion is doing great, he is really shy and doesn't talk much! At times it gets awkward in the house because he is so shy. The good thing is I get to talk more in the lessons which isn't bad for me. He does say something’s that are different and he uses different words than the Chilean Spanish I’ve learned. Everything is good with him, we had a really good week and we are looking to have a better week this week. He also can play the guitar really well and he has been helping me learn the ukulele. Yes I have learned some new songs on the ukulele and I love playing it, it helps take my mind of all the stress and it’s just fun!

This last week we had a lot of success and it was a good week. We have been working a lot more with members and everybody wants me to make chocolate chip cookies, because our cookies are so much better than the cookies here in Chile. We are trying to have 4 weddings for investigators in our barrio, but nothing is happening in this moment. But we are doing great here!

We have been working really hard with our investigators so they can keep commitments that we give them. This week we talked with Yanina about talking to her boyfriend to get married. He ended up saying he doesn't want to get married because he doesn't want to change his life. So right now she can’t be baptized but she is prepared! She has a testimony and wants to be baptized, so that was kind of sad! We found a new investigator that has told us the weirdest dreams ever! Like someone robbing her refrigerator and cars with her pastor appearing in her house. It was super weird!!! But we were sent there because she wants to be baptized and she is looking for the truth and it was like wow god has been testing our faith! We are looking at a baptism this 10 of May, which will be awesome!  His name is Mario and he is 17 years old! Other than that please keep on praying for the other investigators.

Crazy to hear that the Fugal’s are going on another mission and that's great to hear that Rachelle Christensen is going on a mission. It was weird to see some photos of some people in our ward. To be honest I only knew Adam and Brandon in the pictures and nobody else. Everyone looks so different!

I was reading this last week in Ether 12, and I read the scriptures Ether 12:27 and I loved it. We have weaknesses in our lives so god can test our faith and so we can strengthen ourselves in this life. God gives us trials were we are weak so we can be strong but we need to face our trail or our weakness with faith! When we have faith the blessing are bigger than the trial. I think the perfect person of example of facing trails with faith was Joseph Smith. God made sure he was strong and that's why he had so many trails, but he faced every single one with faith and knowing that god would help him. It’s just something I wanted to share with you guys, because I liked it! 

Thank you guys for your letters and the pictures, I can’t wait to talk to you guys this Mother’s Day but I don't have any information about that yet. I love you guys and you’re the best family in the world, I remember a lot of the good times with you guys!

Love you all very much and have a great week!!

Elder McAlister

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The spiritual thought shared with Sean can from Elder Richard G. Scott who was talking on the atonement, and he gave the following quote that is great for a missionary, or really in everyone’s life.  He said:  

"Fill your life with service to others. As you lose your life in the service of Father in Heaven’s children, Satan’s temptations lose power in your life. Because your Father in Heaven loves you profoundly, the Atonement of Jesus Christ makes that strength possible. Isn’t it wonderful? Many of you have felt the burden of poor choices, and each of you can feel the elevating power of the Lord’s forgiveness, mercy, and strength."

Those words are so true. The atonement is such an incredible gift given to use by both our Father in Heaven and Savior through their love and sacrifices.  We need to take advantage of it and allow its cleansing power to be a part of our daily lives.

Until next week stay safe and enjoy a few pics from Hualpencillo Chile...


Elder Medina and Elder McAlister with some Ward members.

There's a new sheriff in town!

Elder Diego Castro, Sean's new companion.  Not quite James Bond.

Sean said "A picture of how we preach the gospel!"

No comments:

Post a Comment