Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Read the Book of Mormon...

We received our email from Sean very late in the day yesterday, so I am late getting this posted. It sounds like he was very busy yesterday and just had time for a quick email home.  Things are going well with his new companion Elder Castro, and they have a good group of investigators, but need to get them to take the next steps.

We get to Skype with Sean on Mother’s Day Sunday, which is exciting, and we are getting his birthday package put together this week as he turn 19 next month.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone,

Hey everyone it’s great to hear that everyone is okay and doing well and looks like some of you had a great week. Dad the pictures of the train are pretty cool and it is really big and looks like you can take pretty good pictures! It’s cool that Brooke got her jersey framed and you can’t use my punching bag! No that’s a lie you can! Jessica I need you to cut my hair, they don't know how to here! Mom it is a special week for you and I hope that everything goes well for you! I can’t wait to see you this Sunday and I love you very much! Sabrina is still the best little sister in the world and Tillie is still the laziest dog that I know (HaHa).  

This last week was pretty good, we have been working really hard and we have been trying to find people. We had some good progress with Teresa and she has been reading the Book of Mormon. Our baptism with Mario won’t be happening this week because we haven't been able to find him in his house and he hasn't been to church the last two weeks. Right now we are just working with grandmas and searching (HaHa). But if you guys could pray for Enjenia who is scared to go to church, Teresa so she can find her answer in the Book of Mormon, Mario that we can find him this week in his house and Edita so she can go to church too! That’s our main group of focus and if you guys can pray for use to find people! Thank you!

I am getting along great with Elder Castro and we have a good time. We are always playing the guitar and the ukulele in our free time! He still is shy in the lessons, but we have been talking a lot and he’s pretty cool. We are working well together and we are learning a lot together.

This week I really learned the power of the Book of Mormon. I have made it a challenge for every investigator, less active member or active members to read the Book of Mormon together as a family! It is making a big difference and I hope that you guys can do it too. Read at least a chapter a day with the family and you will all grow spiritually! So that is my challenge to you guys!  

I am short on time today but I will talk to you guys this Sunday, I think I will be Skyping you guys around 6:00 on Domingo. I hope that all of you can make it there at that time. Its 2:00 for you guys and maybe later but I’m not really sure, I hope you can make it Brooke! We haven't been told anything at all for Mother’s Day! I’m sure I can write you guys if anything changes, but I will let you guys know! 

Love you guys and have a great week and a great Mother’s Day! Make some cookies for mom from me. Keep on being awesome. I will talk to you this Sunday! 

Love you guys!!!

Elder McAlister

P.S. - Mom you’re the Best!

P.S.S. - The pictures are of my companion playing the guitar and us cooking bread and I found Reese’s today at Lider!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This was shared with Sean this week from his Mom. I want to share with you Elder Richard G. Scott's Special Witness of him Testifying of Jesus Christ. Why Elder Scott? Because he is the one who married me and dad in the Jordan Temple 28 years ago next month and he holds a special place in my heart.

He starts, Our Hope, Our Mediator, Our Redeemer. "Our security is in our Heavenly Father and His Beloved Son, Jesus Christ. I know that the Savior loves you. He will confirm your efforts to strengthen your testimony so that it becomes a consummate power for good in your life, a power that will sustain you in every time of need and give you peace and assurance in these times of uncertainty. As one of His Apostles authorized to bear witness of Him, I solemnly testify that I know that the Savior lives, that He is a resurrected, glorified personage of perfect love. He is our hope, our Mediator, our Redeemer."

I have a testimony of our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ. I know they live and have a perfect love. I had never thought of bearing testimony of my Father in Heaven living before. I guess I just assumed that everyone had that knowledge.

Have a safe week and a great Mother’s Day Sunday! Enjoy a couple pictures from Sean….

Elder Castro playing the guitar.

A creative way to toast bread.

Sean found Reese's Peanut Butter cups at Lider (Walmart in Chile)

Mother's Day message for his Mom.





No comments:

Post a Comment