Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Hot Dog!! One year done, one to go!

Great to hear from Elder McAlister, and it’s hard to believe the 14th he will have been out for a year.  Elder McAlister has had so many great experiences, learned a lot and has grown so much. It’s a good sign that he is having problems with English, it means he is really progressing with Spanish.

It sounds like he is settling in well to the new area of Chiguayante, and things are going better with his companion, and working with the ward.

You'll understand the title of this post when you see the pictures from this week.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

¿Hola como están?

First off HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROOKE!!!! 23 years old and I hope that you have a great Birthday and go eat some cake or brownies! Good luck with moving to Oklahoma and I hope that you guys move there safe and everything goes easy for you guys. Dad I wish you the best of luck and I hope everything goes well! It’s better not to watch a knee surgery video, but I’m sure yours will go great. I will be praying for you and Brooke this week. It sounds like you guys had an awesome week and a lot of fun. I remember Snowbird and that sounds really cool. Also the HASH BROWNS SOUND SO GOOD RIGHT NOW!!!  I didn't even know about the temple in Ogden and it looks really cool. Sorry to hear about the messy Tillie and I hope she is doing better. I also totally forgot about car shows, I actually saw one like three weeks ago in Concepcion and they were Toyota´s from like 2008 and 2012 Camaro´s, so it was a sad and boring car show! I knew right when I read car show that dad would send me pictures of a Belair (HaHa)! But I’m glad to hear everyone is doing okay and having fun!


This last week we had a difficult week, but really good one at the same time. I am getting to know the ward more and more and they are pretty cool. The ward here is really wanting to help us out and it’s now our job just to call them for a visit. I have had a lot of fun in this ward and I am always looking forward to working with them. Our house is really fun and we are always joking around. I feel like this cambio is one of the best cambios that I have had because it is so funny in the house. Things are starting to work out with my companion, but he just says things to make us mad at times and the funny thing is he is counting how much time he has in the mission and how long until he ends his mission! But we are starting to work better together. We did have some good lessons this week and we thought that we would have Mirtha in the church this last week, but she didn't come. But nothing really happened this last week! We passed by for family Gasparini and they left to Chillan and they won’t get back until this week, so nothing happened with them. We also passed by for Ricardo and he was out playing soccer with some guys and now he is trying to get back into the professional league. So we might lose him, but we are not really sure right now what’s going on with him. We have been finding people but it’s more the people that just want someone to talk to and nothing really else really about religion.      

We ended up going on a mini cambio this last week and so my companion went with Elder Hoopes and I went with Elder McAllister. It was really funny because we have a rule that we need to talk to at least 20 people in the street and so we had to explain to every person our names are the same and what the difference is.  We also had to explain what does Elder mean and it was a lot harder to contact with a missionary with the same name as you (HaHa). We had a lot of fun and we ended up playing soccer in the night! I am really starting to like to play soccer and I’m not that bad for a gringo, but it was really fun. I am starting to feel really out of shape and I feel like I need to work out a lot more.

So I really can’t believe that I am going to have a year in the mission and it is just flying by so fast! Oh and yes I will be burning one of my shirts this week and it’s going to be awesome. One year has passed and it has gone by so fast, I can’t even describe it (HaHa). But as time goes on in my mission I am getting worse and worse at English and I don't even know what to do! 

Well that’s all the time I have today but I really hope you guys are doing okay and I am always praying for you. I love you a ton and I hope that you have an awesome week! Can’t wait to hear from you guys next week to hear how everything is going! Good luck Dad and Brooke with everything this week! Love you guys!!!

Elder McAlister

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thought for the week was shared with Sean by his Mom, and is from Alma 17:2-3 "They had waxed strong in the knowledge of the truth; for they were men of a sound understanding and they had searched the scriptures diligently, that they might know the work of God."  "But this is not all; they had given themselves to much prayer, and fasting; therefore they had the spirit of prophecy, and the spirit of revelation, and when they taught, they taught with power and authority of God.  President Thomas S. Monson said, "May I suggest a formula that will ensure our success. First, search the scriptures with diligence. Second, plan your life with purpose. Third, teach the truth with testimony, and fourth serve the Lord with love."

I also like something that Ryan Coombs (a missionary who returned home last week in our ward) said in his homecoming talk. He said, "I know that no power in front of us is stronger than the power behind us." I like that.  If we have Jesus Christ behind us backing us up there is no other power on earth or heaven that will conquer His righteous power. Satan has the power to bruise our heal but we have the power to crush his head. I love that.


Until next week, be safe and enjoy life as every minute is so precious.  Check out this week’s pictures, it’s amazing four Elders can eat that many hot dogs!

Dinner time!

There are at least 20 hot dog in this picture, for 4 Elders!

Hope he shares...

No comments:

Post a Comment