Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Transfer time...7th companion on his way.

Short update from Elder McAlister this week because his companion is being transferred, needs to pack and say goodbye to people in the area.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hey everyone,

Thanks for the emails and I hope that you guys had a good General Conference! I learned a ton from this last weekend and I hope that you guys did too. I am happy to hear that you guys are all doing ok and that’s cool that you guys got to go up to John’s ranch. It looks pretty over there and Brooke I hope that you had fun in your apartment. The ranch looks awesome and I want to go there some day, it looks cool and I love the horses and the ATVs.

Well today at 7:00 in the morning we got the calls for our transfers! My companion is leaving to Penco and I am here for another cambio. My new companion is Elder Bravo, who is from Chile, and I will get to meet him tomorrow. I have heard that he is really shy and doesn't like to talk that much, so we will see how that goes. Also Elder Hoopes and Elder McAllister are the same for another cambio. So I will have another 6 more weeks in Chiguayante!!! 

This last week was pretty good, and we worked very hard running place to place and talking with everyone just to find new investigators. We did end up bringing Antonio to the General Conference and he liked it. We taught him forever ago and we haven't been able to find him. This last week we ended up finding him, and we are helping him out. He told us a lot of stories in a lesson and he told us that he’s killed people before! So he had to show us his guns that he has! So I will send you guys the pictures! He has a lot to learn, but is really cool and we are hoping to help him change.  Also, Mirta was doing super good but then she never came to church which didn’t help at all, and it’s getting harder to have her keep commitments. We will work hard to help her this week.

General Conference was awesome I learned a lot from it and I can’t believe how fast it went by. I really liked all the talks and I watched most of it in English! Other than the talks that were in Spanish and the one in Portuguese, which I understood quite a bit! I watched it in English because I love hearing their voices. I really liked Elder Bednar’s talk and why we share this gospel. We don’t want to be annoying. We want to share a message that will bring them happiness forever and all eternity! I really liked all the talks and they really focused on personal testimony, following the prophet and revelation. It was really great and I loved the talk from Elder Uchtdorf from priesthood, the lemon story killed me (HaHa). I wish I could have seen it with you guys. But really General Conference is the super bowl in the mission (HaHa)!!! I really can’t wait to read the talks soon. 

Hey I am really short on time today because my companion has to go say good bye to everyone! Sorry, but I love you guys. Thanks you for your emails and I am glad that everyone had a fun weekend. I am happy to hear from you and I am hoping that you have a good week. I love you guys a ton and remember that we have the true gospel in our lives!

Elder McAlister

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spiritual thought I shared with Sean this week, in my preparation for conference I was reading a talk by Elder Robert D. Hales called "General Conference: Strengthening Faith and Testimony" He said:
 

"What is said is not as important as what we hear and what we feel. That is why we make an effort to experience conference in a setting where the still, small voice of the Spirit can be clearly heard, felt, and understood. Oh, how we need general conference! Through conferences our faith is fortified and our testimonies deepened. And when we are converted, we strengthen each other to stand strong amid the fiery darts of these last days"

Isn't that so true. Everyone gets something different from conference, and its what we personally need to learn, or hear, but we need to put ourselves in a place we can receive the message. Often its not the words, but the feelings. I hope you've all had a great conference and have been uplifted.


Here are a couple pictures Sean mentioed in his email.  And no the missionaries are not armed in Chile, these are the guns of one of their investigators...

Pull

Bond...James Bond


 

No comments:

Post a Comment