Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas (presents) comes early?



Sounds like things are going well in Concepcion.  They are making progress with their investigators, Sean’s district is learning and progressing as missionaries, and they all loved the cake he baked last week.

Classic Sean….he could not wait until Christmas to open his Christmas box, but he says he didn’t open too much, although he is wearing one of his new ties in the picture he sent home this week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone,

I am super happy to hear from you guys and I am happy that everyone is doing okay. Just to let you guys know that it is starting to get hotter and the sun rays are very strong here, and I am burning up right of the bat. I have been told I look like I am a good drinker because my nose is so red (HaHa). I am going to start using sunscreen, which will really help me out. Thanks for all your emails and I love hearing from you guys! I hope that you all are having a good December. Are you guys in vacations yet. I am hoping that Todd can do well in the test so that you can go back to Utah, which would be awesome. I have heard that it is not snowing in Utah, which is crazy and sad. Maybe you will have a Christmas like mine! I hope that Sabrina can get better! I am guessing next year me and Sabrina are going to make a gingerbread house together! ¡Vamos a ganar! I can’t wait to see your houses!       

This last week was really good, we happen to have two baptisms in the ward. The other Elders ended up baptizing a kid named Javier, and he is thinking about going on a mission, he is 18 years old. Then my companion ended up baptizing a kid that just turned 8. So it was fun! The young man that the other Elders baptized ran off right before he got baptized searching for some of his friends. The bishop almost cancelled his baptism, and it was kind of getting intense between bishop and the other missionary's. He ended up getting baptized and all is well now. It was a crazy Saturday, but the both are now members of the church of Jesus Christ. 

We right now are working with Claudia because she went to church with us!!! She is doing really good and progressing very well also. She has started praying and she went to church with us the whole time! It was awesome! We are going to continue working with her. She is a hippie, so she is very interesting and not very normal, but she wants to be baptized. We know that she has a problem with the word of wisdom, and we are going to really have to help her with that. I have faith that she can progress and become a good member in the church. Also we found a little old German woman, and she is pretty cool but very good for talking. We found her on Sunday and she is going to be baptized on the 10 and that's our goal that we have with her. She is an older woman that has a lot of family problems and I am excited to help her out and let her know that the gospel can help her out a ton. The family of Thomas we were not able to find them this week and we know that they are doing okay, but they have become hard to find them in the house. We are manly focused with them and we are working with a few more, but they are the few and they are the chosen. 

In our house we have been really focused on working out and eating healthy, and I love it. I am feeling so much better and I am buying better quality food. So we are getting better little by little and I am loving it, and really do feel like I have more energy than before! We are trying to get bigger! But I don't know if much will happen with me! (HaHa)!   

This week I was thinking and I can’t believe that this cambio is almost over, it was very fast! I feel like it has been two weeks and we are going into our 5th week. Time is really flying by and I also feel like it is the 2nd of December but it’s the 15th. Literally time is flying by. I can’t believe it!!!

I am not going to lie, I did open the Christmas box and I saw the candy that I got, but I have not opened up any gifts yet! I did see the ties, and I loved them but I really have not opened anything else. I am saving it until the 25 of December! I had to confess that I did open the box. I'm sorry!=) I am weak with gifts still (HaHa)!  

This last week I have learned a ton on how to be a good leader and helping my missionary's progress and it’s been awesome to see them progress. I have a really young district. Me and my companion are the oldest out them all. But its fun to see them progress! Yes the cake turned out great but the rest of the zone wanted some also! (HaHa) I didn’t have that much but it was good!

Thank you guys for everything and I am glad that I could hear from everyone. I really hope that you can have a good week. I hope that the gingerbread house competition goes well and I wish I could do it with you guys. I think me and Brooke would have won it this time, just like the other time!!! (HaHa)! I love you guys and I am always glad to hear from you. Have a good and safe week! 

Love you guys!

Elder McAlister

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spiritual thought time, and this is what I shared with Sean this week! President Thomas S. Monson, in his conference talk "Ponder the Path of Thy Feet" said the following about Jesus.

"We need not walk by the shores of Galilee or among the Judean hills to walk where Jesus walked. All of us can walk the path He walked when, with His words ringing in our ears, His Spirit filling our hearts, and His teachings guiding our lives, we choose to follow Him as we journey through mortality. His example lights the way. Said He, “I am the way, the truth, and the life.”"

This is a great quote for this time of year as we celebrate out Saviors birth, and the best way to celebrate what he means to all of us is to simply follow him and the example he set.

Until next week…everyone be safe and enjoy this wonderful time of year….

A hat from his last area, and yes that is a new tie from the Christmas package he partially opened early. (Some things never change)

No comments:

Post a Comment