Monday, December 1, 2014

C.I.A. Agents??



As expected, not much going on for Thanksgiving in Chile, but it sounds like Elder Mills and Elder McAlister are working hard in Concepcion and doing well as a companionship. The story of people thinking they are part of the C.I.A. is pretty funny.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Como están,

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I was not able to write you guys on Thanksgiving so I wanted to wish you guys a happy Thanksgiving. I am glad to hear that everyone is doing really good and I happy to hear from you guys. I can’t believe that December is already here and it came up so fast! It doesn't feel like Christmas is coming up at all. It’s been getting hotter everyday but there is a lot of wind here so it’s not as bad as I thought it would be. It’s awesome that everyone is doing good sounds like everyone had an interesting Thanksgiving. I am happy to hear that Brooke and Todd have the option to go to the Salt Lake airport. That is really awesome now I hope that he can do well on all the test. Sound like mom and dad are changing up the house a little bit and are you guys taking out all the carpet down stairs and changing the whole bathroom? Jessica I wrote a funny story that happen this week just for you. Sabrina is the biggest bum in the world and hope that you guys have a good Christmas!
Well this last week was really good and we have been really focused on finding and we are hoping that we can find a little bit more this next week. We started find a lot of people this last week but it seemed like everyone wanted to fight with us and it was kind of funny for us. We ended up going into a house and this guy invited us in before we could say anything to him. So we enter the house and he starts attacking us right of the bat. All the things he used to attack us didn’t even make sense! I asked him who he thought we were and he told us that we are part of the C.I.A. and we started to laugh. After that we explained to him who we are and he still didn’t believe us and so we just left and he says that he knows what we do for the USA (haha)! That was something funny that happened this week! I have had people call us police and the C.I.A. in the street, but not let us in the house and try calling us. We did end up walking a lot and we had a lot of success with less active members this week, and a lot of them came to church this last week. Still the sector is very new to me and I am trying to memorize the sector. There are a ton of people walking around and there are a lot of activities of the city. I am really liking this sector and I really hope that I can help it grow. There are a lot of less actives in our ward. So we hope to work with them a lot more with time.
Right now we are really working with Thomas and his family and they are doing really good. Thomas is reading the book of Mormon and marking it and taking notes on it. The family is really good, but they’re are very religious and they’re assisting the Catholic Church all the time. Other than that we are really looking for other people right now. We have other investigators, but they are not progressing that well.  We are still teaching them, but they are a little harder to teach right now. I hope that you guys can pray for us to find some new people to teach this week. That is what we really need in this sector and I hope that we can find some people that are ready to listen to the gospel.
Elder Mills and I are doing really good and we are getting a long pretty good. He is from Utah and he is not like me that much. We have a lot of different aspects and things that we like, but we still get along really well. He absolutely loves movies and that is where we can connect with each other. We have a lot of fun in the street and we are always doing jokes. He has about 3 months less than me in the mission. He loves to work so I am happy about that. The house is really cool and I love it. It is by far the best house in the mission and it is very nice. The bad thing is that it is on the twelfth floor, and if we are having to run to our house at times we need to run some stairs (haha)! It’s a killer! The Elders of the house are a little different, and it’s kind of weird with them. You have two office Elders and the assistants who are always together, and us in the house. They are always doing jokes that we don’t understand. But that’s okay with me!
This month the church is pressing forward a new vision. It’s “He is the Gift” and I really like it. This month we really want to focus in our savior Jesus Christ and there is the web site christmas.mormon.org and that is the videos that the church has. They are putting this in Times Square on a big tv, and on the front page on you tube. We are working with the video and it is awesome I love it so much. You guys should look it up!

Well thank you guys for everything and I really am glad that you guys wrote me! Your emails help me out a ton and give me a little push every time. I am glad that I can serve the Lord and I want to thank you guys for the time that I have to do this. I hope that you have a great week and stay safe. I hope to hear from you next week and I love you guys a ton. Les quiero y mucho gracias por el regalo. Lo recibí hoy y voy a esparar por el 25 de diciembre para abrirlo. Pero muchisimo gracias por todo y les quiero mucho.
Elder McAlister

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spiritual thought this week comes from Sean’s Mom with this quote and comment:
"Who can add to Christmas? The perfect motive is that God so loved the world. 
The perfect gift is that He gave His only Son.
The only requirement is to believe in Him.
The reward of faith is that you shall have everlasting life."
[Corrie Ten Boom]

With it being the Christmas month I thought it would be perfect to send you a quote of Christmas. The best gift we can give in return for all we have been given is to give of ourselves because He has given us everything. I can give of my time, talents, and everything that I have been blessed with this day. We can love as He did and does today.

No pictures this week, so everyone have a safe and enjoyable week.

No comments:

Post a Comment