Monday, February 23, 2015

A Great Mission Conference

Elder McAlister is doing well and the work in the Concepcion District is moving forward.  I exchanged one other short email with him while he was at the computer and his time was cut short today for writing emails, so his update isn't very long this week and he didn't have time to send pictures either, but it's always good to hear from him!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hey Everyone,

I am super happy to hear that everyone is doing really well. I would like to say that the tile is a lot smaller here in Chile but I think that I am the same height and I haven't changed at all. I don't think! I’m doing really well and Elder Ponce is working pretty hard! He is still very shy, but that's something that he will change in the mission. We are working really well but our ward seems to be shrinking a lot more everyday which is bad! I think it’s for the vacations.  

This week was amazing and awesome! We ended up finding a new investigator that wants to be baptized. Her name is Nancy and she was taught once by my companion from the MTC, Elder Barnes. Before her husband didn't want the missionary's to teach his wife, but when we found her she told us that her husband died about 4 days ago and she wants to get baptized. So she now has fecha for the 14 of March and she went to church and loved it. I am really happy for her and she is very excited about the church. Also we are teaching Cristina, but we had to do a live or die lesson to see if she wanted to be taught a little bit more or not. She ended up not going to church and that was a little sad. The rest of our investigators are all on vacations and we are waiting for everyone to come back to Concepcion. We are working really hard and we have had some days that have been good. We are working on find more people to find to teach and that's all we need! 

I had a mini cambio with an Elder Bryan who’s in my district, and we had a party. It was so much fun!! I met Elder Bryan here in this zone and we have become really good friends ever since. So I had a mini cambio with him, and we passed by some of his investigators that have fecha and I was seeing how well they work. It was so fun and we ended up buying Papa Johns, which I have not done for so much time and it was so good! 

On Thursday we had a conference with one of the Seventy which was Elder Di Giovanni. He is from Argentina and it was a really good conference and I really did learn a lot about the faith to find people to teach. It was really good and I am really pumped to keep on working after we had the conference. We learned a lot and then he said that he was going to come check the houses and see if they were clean and to see the conditions of the houses. So Elder Ponce and I cleaned our house like crazy and guess what happened. He ended up not coming to the house because he wanted to go visit a bridge in San Pedro.  

My district is doing really good, we had 10 people with fecha and everyone is doing really good! They are progressing and I am really pumped to keep on working with them. We had a really good district class and I am happy with the work that they are doing! 

Today we ended up playing some dodge ball and it was pretty fun. It started off really good and then ii kind of went downhill from that. We couldn't play with our zones like last time and our team was a little weak. So we got killed in the games, but that's okay because there is always next time. I was hoping that we could play basketball or something different because I really want to play some basketball. But I can’t do anything about it! 

Well thank you guys for everything, and I can’t wait to hear from you next week! Have fun and stay classy! I love you and have a good and safe week. Miss you guys!

Elder McAlister

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spiritual thought time! This week I was reading from President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's, April 2013 General Conference talk "You Can Do It Now!" He was talking about faith when he said: "There will be times when you think you cannot continue on. Trust the Savior and His love. With faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and the power and hope of the restored gospel, you will be able to walk tall and continue on."

Then during the same conference, President Uchtdorf in his talk "Come, Join with Us", said "Please, first doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith. We must never allow doubt to hold us prisoner and keep us from the divine love, peace, and gifts that come through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ."

Faith is so important for each individual within the gospel.  We can rely on others testimonies when we are young, but at some point in each persons life they need to develop the faith to believe in God and our Savior if we really want to learn and grow as we need to in the earthly mortal test.

Although Sean sent no pictures this week, I did find the one below on the Concepcion mission blog from the recent Mission Conference he mentioned in his email, Sean is in the upper left picture...


Update.... I just found a few more pictures from the Mission Conference on the Mission Blog!

Elder McAlister is way at the back on the left standing up at this Mission Conference lunch.

Elders Ponce, McAlister, Moura, ?, and Byan and the Mission Conference

February 2015 Mission Conference with Elder Nicolas L. Di Giovanni (Area Seventy), Sister Di Giovanni, Sister Arrington and President Arrington

Some of the Mission at the February 2015 Mission Conference with Elder Di Giovanni. Elder McAlister is in the very back row, 6th from the left.




No comments:

Post a Comment