Monday, February 9, 2015

Feliz día de San Valentín!

New investigators, lots of exchanges and transfers....a busy week for Elder McAlister in Concepcion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Hey everyone,

I am super happy to hear that everyone is doing well! Also sorry that some of you guys didn’t feel too good last week. Some crazy things have happened last week for you guys. The picture of the building on fire was crazy, and that is a giant fire. What play is Sabrina doing? It’s pretty cool that you are acting as Princess Belle and Aquamarine! I am sure that will be fun! To answer dad’s question, yes they do have Valentine’s Day, but it’s not as big as in the states! I am happy to hear that everyone is doing well and that you guys are all safe!

Well to start off today, we found out cambios and so far all is the same. Elder Ponce and I are staying together for another cambio. We are pretty happy with it, and we have another 6 weeks together. It’s pretty crazy that the cambios are passing by so fast. My district has changed up a little and now I have 10 people in my district! That’s a lot of missionaries! My last district we had only 6 people and that was it. So I have a lot more responsibility and it’s going to be a very interesting cambio coming up! Me and Elder Ponce are happy to be together and I really like working with him, it’s kind of funny to have a kid in the mission because he does everything that I do! haha At times I can’t help but to laugh a little bit!

Well this last week was very crazy and very different. On Monday we ended up playing some soccer against the zone of Chiguayante and we won! it was really fun and we ended up playing for about 2 hours. But after that we were running all over the place doing shopping and everything before we ran out of time. So last Monday was a very crazy day of just running around. 

Wednesday we ended up having a mini cambio and I went over to Pedro de Valdivida. I was with two elders that day so we were in a trio. My companion had the conference of the new missionaries and he ended up going out to a different sector to have a mini cambio. It was a really weird day because I felt like I did nothing that day because I just followed the Elders around all day. I really have started to like doing mini cambios because it’s when I can see what my district is doing and how I can help them better. 

We ended up finding more people this last week and investigators that can progress really well. We are teaching Cristina who has fecha for the 8 of March and she has been going to church the last two weeks, but we weren't teaching her yet. She is the mother of a recent convert in our sector, so we are working a lot with her.  Then we are still working with Luis and Romina but they were a little busy last week with work and other commitments that they had. But we are going to go visit them today! We also found a girl named Eliana and she is pretty cool and she wants to get close to god! Then Camilla we have not found her because she is on vacation with her family. So we really have seen some blessings from this last week and it has been really fun. 

We are still working a ton with the less actives of the ward and we are really focusing of the leaders. I am really excited to keep on working here in Concepcion in the ward of universitario! It’s been really fun here!

Here are some scriptures I really like!
Alma 37:6
2 Nefi 31:19-20
3 Nefi 27:27

Well thank you for the letters and I really do like hearing from you guys. I hope to hear from you guys this next week and I miss you guys. Keep on being who you are! I love you and I will write you next week!

Love you guys!
Elder McAlister

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Spiritual thought time! This week I thought share with Sean a couple thoughts on the work of salvation, which missionary work is a huge part of, whether finding new people, working with the less actives or being an example to active members and helping them do missionary work.

President Henry B. Eyring in his October 2014 General Conference talk "We Are One" said: "The Lord made it very clear at the start of this last dispensation that we were to take the gospel to all the world. Whatever our age, capacity, Church calling, or location, we are as one called to the work to help Him in His harvest of souls."

This is something you're deeply involved with, and I feel I am as well with my Bishopric calling and Mom working with the primary.  To be truly effective in this work, we really need to follow the spirit. Elder Neil L. Andersen said "I share with you my certain witness. Jesus is the Christ. He is our Savior and Redeemer. This is His holy work. I promise you that He will guide you and be with you as you humbly seek His help in faith."

To fully use the spirit, we need to do our part. Elder Russell M. Nelson teaches us that "A desire to serve is a natural outcome of one’s conversion, worthiness, and preparation." 


If we believe and have done the work we need to do, the spirit will guide of to how to do the rest in helping others in their journey of salvation


Until next week, be safe and enjoy these pictures of the Elders in Sean's Zone....

 

The Zone

The Zone comes tumbling down.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment