Monday, April 13, 2015

Elder McAlister needs the dog whisperer...

Sounds like Elder McAlister and Elder Cortez has a great week with a bunch of new investigators, more members coming out to church, and a great p-day!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Family,

Sounds like parents and Sabrina had an awesome time in Park City! I had totally forgotten about Park City and now i want to go. Congrats Brooke and Todd on getting a house. I hope that you guys really like it. Where is it located? Sabrina looks like she is getting a lot taller and she looks a lot older than what I remember. Is Derek studying right now in college?  

Well this week was very good and was very successful. Since I got here, there weren’t that many investigators and this week we really focused on this and we ended up finding 9 people in total. We were really excited about that and we are hoping that we will find some more this week. The funny thing is that they are all Adventist, and so they are a little bit harder to teach. I have faith that all will go well. We also had about 20 people more go to church, and we have been working with a lot of less actives here and so I got really pumped with that. The normal asistencia (attendance) in this Ward is about 60 people, and now we brought it up by 20 people and we are hoping that it will grow a lot more. 

We are teaching right now Leandro, Caty and Hector, which is a family and they are very cool and Leandro is studying to be a pastor and his is now just practicing it and then he will get his own church. So I hope we can help him feel the spirit to find the truth. Then we are teaching Nelson and Juan, which are brothers and they are also Adventists, but Juan is progressing a lot more than Nelson. Nelson really just wants to fight with us, but we pass by for them to teach Juan. Also we are teaching Marcelo, Lubina and Mariano, who are Adventists but they don’t go to church that much and they are very nice people. So i hope that you guys could pray for them, and we are trying to help them progress and go to church this week. Josefina is going to church but she doesn’t really want to progress that much, but really likes the church. 

I really think that dogs are out to get me now, because each one is trying to attack me when I pass by. So I have a dog whistle that scares them away. Some weird reason the dogs really don’t like me here and I don’t’ know why?? I only have to get 3 more shots and then i am finished with my shots. No I didn’t need to get stiches 

Today we ended up playing soccer with another zone from Chillan, and i got to see some of my good old friends that I haven’t seen for more than a year. I also got to see Elder Medina and it was fun to see him. After we had a big bbq and it was so good we had longanizas (Spanish sausage) which are so good and I thought I was going to die after eating them. 

I should be getting the package tomorrow,because we have a conference. I am a little excited for it! I will tell you guys next week if i get it!

Thank you guys for everything, it was really good to hear from you all. I really love you and miss you guys a ton. I can’t wait for next week and the time is really flying by. Love you guys a ton.

Elder McAlister

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spiritual thought time!  As we just went through General Conference, and we will all have the change to read/watch all the talks again shortly, it was brought to my mind the talk given by Elder Robert D. Hales in 2013 "General Conference: Strengthening Faith and Testimony".  He gave some great insight concerning General Conference in these threes quotes from that talk:


"I promise you in His name that if you pray with a sincere desire to hear your Heavenly Father’s voice in the messages of this conference, you will discover that He has spoken to you to help you, to strengthen you, and to lead you home into His presence."

"The greatest blessings of general conference come to us after the conference is over. Remember the pattern recorded frequently in scripture: we gather to hear the words of the Lord, and we return to our homes to live them."


"My brothers and sisters, I bear my special witness that the Lord Jesus Christ lives and stands at the head of this Church. This is His general conference. I promise you in His name that if you pray with a sincere desire to hear your Heavenly Father’s voice in the messages of this conference, you will discover that He has spoken to you to help you, to strengthen you, and to lead you home into His presence."

General Conference is such a great great event, and the place were we can receive modern day direction and guidance from our Father in Heaven through our current leaders. There are specific messages for each of us, in what ever we are going through in our lives and with our testimonies, and we grow stronger as members if we take the time to read and study what was taught to us.


Until next week enjoy these pictures from Chillian , and what looked like a great p-day with soccer and a barbeque...


P-day soccer

Elder McAlister and his companion Elder Cortez

P-day barbeque with two Chillian Zones, those longanizas look delicious!

P-day barbeque with two Chillian Zones.

No comments:

Post a Comment