Monday, April 6, 2015

Taking a bite out of Conference...



Sounds like an interesting week, finding more people to teach, enjoyed General Conference and a run in with a dog.  Not much detail on Easter though. I always want more detail in his emails, but must remember how little time he has to write each week. 

The "Mate" he mentions in his email is a traditional drink in some countries in South America. It is prepared by steeping dried leaves of yerba mate in hot water.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Hey,

I am happy to hear that you guys had a good Easter Sunday. That’s really cool what happened with day with the glasses and I want to see what they look like. I was really happy to see that all you guys learned a ton from the Conference. I can’t believe that I just had my last Conferencia General in the mission! Crazy!
Josefina is doing really well and she ended up going to church both days. We ended up finding Roberto and Clementina, which are two little old people that we are starting to teach, but if you guys could pray for them that would be great. Thanks!

This week I had a mini cambio with my District Leader who was just called to be leader. It was kind of funny because most of the time he was asking me for help and what he could do better. I was with Elder Duncan and I have known him since Chighuayante. The mini cambio was going really well, we started off really good with talking to a ton of people and we found a little old lady also. So we were really pumped that the day was going so well. But around 6 o’clock at night we were yelling at doors trying to find and I yelled "halo" at a house and I looked away. All a sudden I heard a big bang and felt some pain in my arm. I look over and there is a dog that is biting my arm and not letting go. So me and Elder Duncan went to punch the dog, but it ran off. It stuck its head through the fence to bite me. It was a really good bite and my arm was all bloody, and I had a really good bite mark and it bruised really fast. The funny thing is it didn’t hurt that bad, but then we spent two hours walking looking for a hospital that gives free shots. Finally we found one and there was a two hour wait. So we were told by the medic of the mission to stay and wait there. We waited from 8 o’clock until 10 o’clock, but it was taking too much time so we ended up leaving and we went back the next day and I got my shots! It was funny because I didn’t feel the dog bite me, it took some time for me to realize. Later that night we ended up cleaning it, but we didn’t have alcohol to clean it so we used germ ex to clean it. It was pretty funny.
The conference was really good and I learned a lot from it. I could just picture you guys having a really good breakfast and a good dinner also. This conference we went and bought some mate, because we can take it now, and we sat there taking mate and watching conference. I really liked the talks by Holland and Uchtdorf, and I thought it was a little weird that we didn’t hear from Elder Scott and from the Profeta that much. I really liked the talk of L. Witney Clayton where he talked about the light of Christ and how the girl after the plane crash found the light and followed it. I really like that they focused on the family so much! They also focused on the married a ton. It was a really good conference and I can’t wait for the next one it flew by really fast.
The video that we are supposed to share with everyone got put on my card, and gave me a virus so I can’t send you guy’s pics today! Sorry
Also I have not gotten the package yet because I am far from the office! But I think I will get it soon!

I love you guys a ton and I can’t wait to talk to you next week. Love you guys a ton and I hope you have a safe good week. Love you guys!

Elder McAlister

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Spiritual though time! As it wass Easter, I was looking at talks and statements from the brethren on the subject and came across this from President Henry B. Eyring's April 2013 General Conference talk "Come unto Me" talking about Easter and the Atonement. He said:

"At this Easter season we are reminded of why we love Him and of the promise He makes to His faithful disciples to become His beloved friends. The Savior made that promise and told us how, in our service to Him, He comes to us. … 'Be faithful and diligent in keeping the commandments of God, and I will encircle thee in the arms of my love' (D&C 6:20). I experienced the joy of coming closer to the Savior and of His coming closer to me most often through simple acts of obedience to the commandments."

This is such a great message. By the power of the Atonement, I have witnessed friends, investigators on my mission and fellow ward members I know well and love become new, and the effects of sins were wiped away. My heart has been filled with love for the Savior and our loving Heavenly Father who sent Him. 

As Sean mentioned there are no pictures this week due to a virus on his card, so everyone have a great week.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment