Monday, May 25, 2015

The skinny tie sweat shop?

Elder McAlister and Elder Cortez had a successful week, although sad to lose Maria and Miguel. It sounds like he may have a new side job with ties.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To the best family ever!

 That BBQ sounds so good I really could eat a hot dog or a hamburger! Those sound so good to me!!!! Thank you very much Dad I hope you enjoy that hot dog that you are eating for me. I am sure it’s going to be the best tasting hot dog in the world! I totally forgot about Memorial Day because that doesn't exist here in Chile! Well sounds like Sabrina had a really good week and congrats that you made it to the student council! That’s pretty cool if you ask me. Also sounds like Sabrina is becoming a softball pro!!! Congrats Brooke and Todd on the house, and I hope that you guys really like the house and good luck moving all you stuff into the house!


Well to start off this week was very good and a little bit crazy at the same time. We have had a really good time teaching Manuel, but he is kind of hard to teach at times because he loves to ask questions and at time his questions don’t even make sense. He didn't go to church and we are still trying to find out why he didn't go to church. As for Maria and Miguel, we have some sad news with them. They live right in the middle on the border line between us and another sector and so after talking to the other Elders and Presidente we sent them off to the other sector, and so we are not teaching them anymore. It’s sad but at least my comp and I planted the seed and I am sure they will be baptized just in a different sector. We had a really good week with finding and we are going to have a better week this week.
Wednesday we had our interviews with the president of the mission and it went really good and I learned some important things! He is relying on me to really help him out and to finish his mission strong.
Also, I had a mini cambio this last week with my District Leader and it was really good. His name is Elder Sellers and he is from Florida. It was a really fun mini cambio, and we both learned a ton from each other. We worked really hard and we ended up finding two family's that are less actives and they were sealed in the temple. So we are working with them and they only left the church because of certain people but they still have testimonies. It’s a little crazy!
The funny thing is I have everyone in the house trying to skinny their ties at night after planning session and they try to do it by themselves but I always end up helping them. I have done 13 ties in this last week and I have learned how to do them fast and they look very good! Looks like I could make a business here for the missionaries! haha You really do learn a little bit of everything on your mission!  
I hope you guys have a good week! I love you guys a ton and I can wait to hear from you guys! I miss you and I am really grateful for all the things that you guys have done for me! Stay safe and have good safe, good, spiritual week!

Love you guys!

Elder McAlister
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spiritual thought time! This week comes from Elder Jeffrey R Holland's April 2012 General Conference talk called "Laborers in the Vineyard". This is something I sometimes struggle with, in that I see things other get to do, that I would like too, and I feel a little envious and not as happy for them like I should. I like the advice given in this quote:

"Brothers and sisters, there are going to be times in our lives when someone else gets an unexpected blessing or receives some special recognition. May I plead with us not to be hurt—and certainly not to feel envious—when good fortune comes to another person? We are not diminished when someone else is added upon. We are not in a race against each other to see who is the wealthiest or the most talented or the most beautiful or even the most blessed. The race we are really in is the race against sin, and surely envy is one of the most universal of those."
I need to be more thankful for what I am blessed with, and less concerned with what I don't have.  I think this is a common problem amongst many people, which tells me that it is something that is not easy to overcome, but I need to work hard on it.

Well that's it, enjoy a few pictures until next week....

Elder Sellers and Elder McAlister on a mini cambio.

Elder McAlister making a skinny tie.

Elder Cortez and Elder McAlister at President interviews.



No comments:

Post a Comment