Monday, October 7, 2013

Moved to a new casa

Another update from Sean, it sounds like a busy week with a move to a new house and General Conference.  It's great to hear that he and Elder Donoso have a good group of investigators to share the gospel message with.  We send him the equipment he needs to send pictures, so hopefully soon we will get to see some of the things he talks about.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola Everyone,

     Hey everyone i hope that you guys are doing well and that you’re having fun. This week was not a normal week at all. I Also missed being with the family for General Conference. I thought about the breakfast we have on Sunday morning which sounds really good to me. I missed talking about conference with you guys and playing bingo. I also missed Priesthood which was really good this year. But I missed watching and going to the Asian Buffet. It was really good here and I was able to watch it in English which was really nice. I love it a lot and was hoping we could do it every weekend. I hoped that you guys loved it as much as me and I can’t wait for the next one!

     This last week we moved into a different house which is nice but it’s about 2 times bigger than our last house so its empty and I really miss carpet. But the moving took us about a full day because we had to help the other family move out of our new house and helped them move into their new house. The house is awesome and its super big but empty, and no furniture or oven or stove. So we feel really broke right now. But it’s starting to warm up and it’s still cold in the mornings which is okay for right now. 

     The Spanish is something that is killing me but it’s going to be coming to me very fast very soon. But people are always thinking that I should be perfect at Spanish by now but I’m only starting my third week. In general conference I realized with time and with faith in God I will be teaching in Spanish in no time. I am able to understand a lot of conversations and am able to answer most questions but it’s still hard for me. My companion speaks enough English and I speak enough Spanish we get by. The Spanish here is also super fast and slurred as could be. But the people are very kind and very helpful.

We lost one of our best investigators who was Maria Elena. But we picked one up that was better than ever so far she loves everything that we believe and is doing really good. We have about 8 good investigators that are doing really well. Our best ones name is Margarita and she is doing amazing, she came to General Conference and loved it. This is making my mission so much better. 

The moving and unpacking took up about two of our days. Our contacting is going okay people say they will meet with us and half the time never talk to us again. But we have picked up some really good investigators which is awesome. The dogs down here are not all scary; some love you and follow you for about 5 miles if you just give it one cracker, which is funny. The food here is really good and we don’t eat at anyone’s houses for dinner we only each lunch, which is like eating 3 dinner appointments in a row. The lunches are so big and the dinner and breakfasts are super small.

I don’t have much time because we have to go buy stuff which is needed. So I will tell you when I get the package, and thanks for sending one. Thank you guys for all you support, and thank you for your prayers, I hope that you can pray for our investigator Margarita, who is doing awesome. I love you guys so much and I will send pictures when I can.

I love you guys!!!

Elder McAlister


P.S. Stay strong in the gospel, because God has given us everything and we give him such little. So follow him and his example and endure to the end and love his gospel and all his children!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following was shared with Sean by him Mom this week:


President Monson spoke in conference:

The holy scriptures contain no proclamation more relevant, no responsibility more binding, no instruction more direct than the injunction given by the resurrected Lord as He appeared in Galilee to the eleven disciples. Said He: “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.” 

The Prophet Joseph Smith declared: “After all that has been said, the greatest and most important duty is to preach the Gospel.” 



Have a great week everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment