Monday, January 5, 2015

¡Feliz año nuevo! 2015‏



Hard to believe it is 2015!  As a parent it is hard to not start counting down a little bit for when your missionary comes home when you are finally in the same year of his return. 
Elder McAlister is now training a new companion, and his second one from Peru.  Sounds like they are working hard to find both investigators and inactives to work with. Also sounds like New Years just may not be all that exciting for missionaries.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Happy late NEW YEARS!!!
I hope that you guys had a good new years and I can’t believe that it is 2015! Time is really flying by so fast. Sounds like parents are changing a lot of things in the house I do like the new couch. I am glad to hear that my room has been untouched. I love to see that dad is flying the Steelers flag loud and proud! I am really happy to hear that Todd was able to pass the test and that he will be working at Salt Lake. That’s pretty cool to hear that he was one of the ten that passed the test. Also I am glad to her that Jessica and Derek are doing okay! I am glad to hear that everyone is back together in good old Utah! To answer Jessica’s pregunta is I am missing ribs and shrimp! That is what I am craving and I want to eat! Sabrina sounds like she is having fun with two dogs in the house and what is the most fun thing that Sabrina has done this summer? I hope that you guys have set some good goals in this year and it’s going to be an awesome year! I really can’t believe it though but I have set some good goals for this year!

Well I finally had my first kid in the mission and it’s a boy! (HaHa) My companion is from Tagna, Peru and his name is Elder Ponce. It was pretty fun because we don’t know who will be our companions and they don’t know either. So it’s pretty crazy and I got called to be with him. He is a pretty shy kid and he is pretty small also! I am happy with working with him and he is pretty excited to be working in the mission field. It’s really a lot different training some one that is brand new, because they get there and there don’t understand how the mission life is like or how we teach to certain people! So it’s kind of weird, but I really like working with him and we will get going soon. He does use a lot of different words because he is from Peru so there are a lot of words that are different. I am really excited to help a new missionary and I can’t wait to help him to progress into a successful missionary. He is from a very big family! There are 11 people in his family, his parents and his brothers and sisters! So they are a very big family! He is not a very social kid so I am going to have to help him. But it’s going to be fun and I will be probably with him for 3 months to finish up his training! So it’s going to be really fun and crazy.   
This week we started out really strong and then the New Year came around and things slowed down, but we had a really good week. We have been working a lot with less active member and we have been strengthening our relationships with the members and it is pretty fun to get to know the members. We ended up finding some news this week and it is been fun! I feel like I can change up how our sector is and we have been finding a lot more less actives that are willing to come back to church. We also found 2 new investigators that could progress! Their names are Zoyla and Pamela and we are going to be working with them a lot more.
New Year was alright, I was sleeping when it happened and I didn’t hear any fireworks go off. So I really didn’t feel like New Year’s even happened. We got to see a lot of people preparing food and stuff to do BBQ. But we ended up visiting Thomas and his family this day and it was really fun to see them. They were getting ready to have dinner so we didn’t visit them that much. Here in Chile they only have dinner on holidays and on other days they take a meal larger than a snack but it’s called once. Also everyone travels after New Year’s and the streets we empty after New Year’s Day! It usually is packed here and there was nobody but dogs!
Well I thank you guys for everything that you guys do for me and I really love you guys a ton. Thank you for all the support that you guys give me and thanks for the letters they really mean a ton! I love you guys and I can’t wait to hear from you guys next week! Have a good and safe week!
Love you guys a ton!!!
Elder McAlister 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Spiritual though time! With it being the new year, people often set New Year's resolutions or goals, and I think the three quotes below are great guidance on what type of goals we all should be setting:


Elder Quentin L. Cook: ""Many choices are not inherently evil, but if they absorb all of our time and keep us from the best choices, then they become insidious. Even worthwhile endeavors need evaluation in order to determine if they have become distractions from the best goals.""

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf: "Personal testimony of the gospel and the Church is the most important thing you can earn in this life. It will not only bless and guide you during this life, but it will also have a direct bearing on your life throughout eternity."


 Robert D. Hales:""Lifetime goals … take focus and time to achieve. Making these goals is not enough; we must make a plan to carry them out. Tonight or tomorrow, ponder what you want to achieve in your life and what your goals should be. Take the time to write them down and review them throughout the coming years. Then spend a few hours asking yourself what you can do to accomplish these goals today, tomorrow, next week, and in months ahead.""


I like the advice all three quotes give, and I think they are something we should all consider.  Until next week everyone be safe, enjoy the New Year, and enjoy these pictures of  Sean's new companion... 

Elder Ponce

Elder Ponce and Elder McAlister




No comments:

Post a Comment