Tuesday, January 20, 2015

New scripture covers

Sounds like they are starting to get up to speed with the new mission approach of working with the members more and less time searching for new people to teach. The ward activity also sounded like it was successful.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys,

First off I can’t believe that Sabrina has turned 10 years old! I want to wish hear un feliz cumpleaños and I hope that she likes her new bike and the other toys she got. If I may say so Sabrina looks a lot taller and older than what I remember and sorry that I am wishing you a late happy birthday. I kind of forgot what month it was! haha I lost track of time! I love you Sabrina and I want you to know that you are the best little sister ever! I really think that your new bike is awesome! I liked the picture of the front room and I really like the new couch and chairs! The front room looks really good and looks a lot different than before. I’m glad to hear that Brooke and Jessica are doing all good. 

Well we didn't really find anyone this last week, but we have been finding more less actives to teach. At the beginning of the week we ended up getting rid of all the people that we were teaching and we started to search. So we had a really good time looking for so more people to teach, we didn't find any but that's okay! We did find some anti-Americans and there were very interesting to talk to and then right after that we found anti-Peruvians! So we decided to find in a different way! Right now we are really focused on finding though the members that are in our ward. So we have set a ton of noche de hogar con los miembros. Now they have to bring their friends to the activity and we hope to find in this way. It’s a lot different than before because we have to use and rely on the members, but I have faith it will work out! We are working with familia Vilugron, familia Riveras, Jacqueline and Ivan. They are all doing really good and progressing in the gospel very well! I have pretty much done reactivation in my mission and it has really been successful! So right now I am focused on the members and less actives but still looking for investigators to teach!

The district is doing really good and all the missionaries are very animated to work! I really like my district and I can see that we are going to have a really good week and we are going to have success! We are all struggling to find new people, but a big part of it is that there are a lot of people traveling to the campo and they are staying there for a while so that's been a big impediment! But that's only an excuse and we are going to find good quality people this week!

This last Friday we had a really fun activity where we played an egg toss. I was told that I was in charge of the game of the activity! So I choose to do an egg toss and the Ward loved it. We had some people get eggs all over their clothes and faces! We didn’t boil the eggs so they were raw and it was a really good activity. Then they had people act like famous singers and they had to dance and act like they were singing. It was really funny and I thought that the people really liked it!

I got my new scripture cases and they are made out of animal skin! They are awesome and I enjoy them quite a bit! So that was what I just bought and I am waiting for the bible to get here! They are awesome and I sent you guy’s pictures!

Well I love you guys a ton and I really miss you guys! Elder Ponce and I are doing really good and we will be having a blast this next week! Thank you for your emails and all the support! Love you guys a ton and have a good and safe week!

Love you guys

Elder McAlister
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Spiritual thought time!  This week I though I would cover personal change and repentance, which are big parts of the Gospel.

Elder Dallin H. Oaks said in his talk "Repentance and Change" said:

"The gospel of Jesus Christ challenges us to change. “Repent” is its most frequent message, and repenting means giving up all of our practices—personal, family, ethnic, and national—that are contrary to the commandments of God. The purpose of the gospel is to transform common creatures into celestial citizens, and that requires change."

The great thin about being able to change and repent is as President Harold B. Lee said: 

"The miracle of forgiveness is available to all of those who turn from their evil doings and return no more."

And finally the Prophet Alma taught in Alma 5:26 

"And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?"

Alma is teaching us that if we have felt the need for change and repentance in the past, and felt the love of God pour out upon us for that repentance, and can we net feel it again and go through the same process for out other sins and mistakes?  I am so thankful for the gift of repentance, because I need it all the time in my life, as do many of those Elder McAlister is teaching and working with daily.

Have a great week everyone!  Enjoy this weeks pictures, looks like a little dodge ball going on...


Missionary dodge ball!

Missionary dodge ball....showing that Steelers pride.

Missionary dodge ball continued.

Foggy view from the mission apartment.


Front of new scripture cover.    






Back of new scripture cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment