Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Last week in the MTC

A short email from Sean, but big news on a change to his schedule to leave to Chile.  We may be hearing more from him this week, so there may be another post this week.

The following scripture I shared with Sean as he works to learn a new language, which he will be using even sooner than expected.

Ammon said in Alma 26:12 “Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone,

Sounds like this last week was fun and crazy at the same time for you guys. Just to let you know my wrist is healed pretty much I just had a brace on it, but I healed super fast.

This last weekend was Mexico Independence which was so much fun. We had some people from Mexico do some traditional dances for us. Mexico Independence is a bigger holiday than Christmas here. There have been fireworks like crazy here. We also got to watch what the President does, it was pretty cool. I think you guys should watch it on YouTube or something. It’s been a pretty cool weekend, and super fun.

We just recently found out that the people that are going to Chile leave this Thursday around 12, so we have been moved up by a few days. It really has hit me that I am leaving to a place where no one speaks English. I can’t wait to go, but I'm going to really miss my district, they have gotten so close to me it’s going to be hard. I will email you guys on Thursday, early in the morning, and I'm not really sure if we are allowed to call home right now.  We are leaving about 6 days before everyone else in my district. So I get to start packing tomorrow and get ready to leave.

We got to go to the temple for the last time this week, which was today. I really wish I went to the temple more often then I did, because for the next two years we won’t be going to the temple. The temple in Chile is 500 miles away from Concepcion.  We have woken up at 4:30 every p-day just to get our wash done, and it kills me on p-days, but it’s super nice to do early.

The Spanish is coming all right, but I can only really carry on a gospel conversation which is pretty important right now. Don't worry about my language because with the Lord anything is possible.

Oh, I forgot to tell you why I get to leave early. It’s because Chile is having their Independence Day on the 18 of September, which we will barely miss, but they were not able to get us flights for next week so now we get to leave early. 

So many of my friends that I have made are leaving but they did get here before me. Now it’s weird to think that I’m next to leave here. It went by so fast I can’t even believe it. It’s been raining a lot here, it seems like it will never stop and now I’m starting to miss the sunny days. 

Anyway, this last week Hermano Silva has been sick, or most likely out partying, but we are hoping to see him before I leave. For the afternoon class with Hermano Silva we have had Hermano Soto. Who I really think is a cool teacher other than he doesn't know any English, but that's okay.

To be honest nothing has really happened other than what I have told you. Because we study, get taught and then study again. It’s the same schedule every single day. The stories and emails will get better by next week for sure because I will be out in the field.

I now know that Tanner is in Singapore and I'm sure that Evan is in Florida. We have emailed just a little back and forth but not much.  They are both doing fine which is awesome.

Just to let you know, I have been out in the city a total of 3 times for the hospital for Elder Barnes because he is having pain in his stomach, but we have been outside the MTC walls a total of 7 times. I think we beat everyone one else on who would be outside the walls the most. Last week we went to the hospital and Elder Barnes got an ultrasound on his stomach but we haven't gotten the results yet.

I am so excited about leaving soon, just 1 1/2 days here and then I'm going to Chile, and I can’t wait. Thank you guys for all your emails and I hope Jessica's birthday was a lot of fun. It looks like you guys are doing well and having fun. I hope everything goes well with the house and you don't find any more damage.

Thanks for all your support and your love and prayers they mean a lot. I will email you Thursday before I leave. I love you guys and keep on being the family you are!

Elder McAlister

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Until Thursday when we have more news.....

No comments:

Post a Comment