Tuesday, September 3, 2013

MTC Week Three

Best part of the week again as we received an email from Sean.  He sounds like he is doing well.  Reading in between the lines it sounds like it may be getting a little repetitive with all the time spent in class learning and studying, but that is how I remember it too.  After some many hours in classrooms he will really look forward to getting into the field.

Below are three quotes share with Sean from his family this week.  The first two are true, not sure about the last one ;-).
  • President Henry B. Eyring: "In the sacrament prayers, God promises to send the Holy Ghost to be with us.  I have found in that moment that God can give me what feels like a personal interview. He brings to my attention what I have done that pleases Him, my need for repentance and forgiveness, and the names and faces of people He would have me serve for Him."

  • Elder D. Todd Christofferson: “Inasmuch as we follow Christ, we seek to participate in and further His redemptive work. The greatest service we can provide to others in this life, beginning with those of our own family, is to bring them to Christ through faith and repentance so they may experience His Redemption—peace and joy now and immortality and eternal life in the world to come.” (April 2013 General Conference)

  • Todd Carlton (Sean’s brother-in-law): He used to have a companion that would say "every hour of hard work is an hour spent in the gym by your future wife" (so if you want a hot wife, work hard and have fun!) 

Sean is now half way through his MTC time, so in about three weeks he will be in Chile...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone!

I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing ok, and that you are all keeping busy. I hope you guys don't miss me too much because I'm having fun here. I love the district that I'm in because we have so much fun. But I have some sad news. Elder Snyder who's is the blonde one that we saw in the air port, went home last Friday. So that kind of hurt the district, but we are still having fun.

The language was doing really good until yesterday, it really killed me, and I felt like I didn't know any Spanish but I'm starting to do better today. The food here has been okay, we don't get that much still so we are hungry all the time. The best day is Tuesday, which is P-day, and it’s also pizza day, which is the best food we have had here by far. Also, ice cream is really good here too. When there is ice cream we probably have around 6 ice cream bars, and they are amazing.

Right now we have been teaching two investigators who really are our teachers Hermano Rogers and Hermano Silva. They’re the best teachers by far. I really love Hermano Rogers because he was just like me. But Hermano Silva is funny and a great guy also. Hermano Rogers is Mario, which is one of our investigators who is doing really well. Hermano Silva is our other investigator Daniel. Our last lesson with Daniel (Hermano Silva), he took me out of class and said he was feeling the spirit as I was talking. But the funny thing is I thought I did really bad during that lesson.

We ended up moving out of our casa and moving in with the rest of our district. I liked our old casa so much more than this one. Elder Adams and Elder Christensen left for their missions’ yesterday morning, which was weird to think about. Also a lot of my friends I made here left yesterday, so I was kind of sad but they are excited to be leaving out to the field which I can’t wait for.

This week Elder Barnes has been doing a lot better, He has been really happy, so he is doing well now. We got to go to the temple today which was so much better than the first time we went. I love the Mexico Temple because everything is so run down and dirty, and then there is just a beautiful white temple in the middle of it. I want to wonder around the city sometime, but we can’t because it is too dangerous.

I have now seen two people I've know from Pleasant Grove, which is cool to see someone I know. But other than that, it’s the same thing every day, we sit in a class and learn about the gospel and learn Spanish. Lately it’s been raining a lot, and there have been huge thunderstorms. Other than when it rains, it is the perfect temperature here. To be honest Mexico isn’t that bad of a place, though it’s super run down. The people here are really nice and no matter what we always hear a worker listening to some Michael Jackson song which is fun to hear.

I want you guys to know that I really do love you and you’re the best family someone could ask for. I love receiving the emails from you guys. I love you all some much and I miss you. So thank you guys for everything. I love you guys!!!


Love Elder McAlister

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment