Monday, March 17, 2014

New companion Elder Carlos Medina

Sounds like Sean had a much better week, but the email was pretty short and sent later in the day, so I’m guessing he didn’t have a lot of time to write.  No matter it is always great to hear from him and to know he is doing well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Family,

Hey everyone, how is the greatest family in the world? It sounds like a busy week for some of you! Thanks for writing me this week, I love to hear from you guys every week. You guys are really the best family in the world! I thought I should tell you guys that (HaHa). 

This week was much better, and my companion is really cool. He is from Buenos Aires capital, Barrio La Boca and I’m wondering what mission Derek served in? He is really awesome and he loves to talk. I think we have talked more in this week then I did in the last three weeks. He did MMA before the mission, so I need to watch what I say, especially about Argentina (HaHa). He has a lot of Argentinian pride, but he is really cool. It’s funny, a lot of people have some kind of relation with him. Like he knows this person and they happen to know that person too. So he is already famous here. Oh, he also has the same time as me in the mission.

This last week was hard because this sector is dead, but we are going to focus on the less actives and work with the family's that are incomplete. Are we got really good future investigators and a ton of references. We will be working very hard this next week, which is really good. We started playing soccer on Saturdays and it’s been super fun, and I guess I still have a little bit of my skills from playing when I was young and with Tillie in the backyard. We are going to start to recover this sector and make it into one of the best sectors in the mission.

This last week was full of meetings and we had our interviews with President this week, they went well so no worry's (HaHa). This last week our Stake Center just opened, and it’s a really big church, but I think it’s the same size as our church in Utah. But it’s a big church for here and it’s amazing they have a small indoor soccer court and it’s very well made. We had an activity for it and we invited people to the new Stake Center and taught what we believe, what is church like and more. The activity went really well and we got investigators there. 

Today was really fun, we got to play some soccer at the new Stake Center, but it was outside. Then after that we went got ready and went to Concepcion and guess who I saw!!! I saw my father in the mission Elder Donoso and it was awesome to see him. He is now a Zone Leader and is doing great, his zone is right next to my. I’m guessing that I will be seeing him on Mondays in this cambio. 

Not much else happened this week. I hope that you guys have a great week and keep on being who you guys are. I can tell you I have really learned how to study the scriptures and they are awesome. I want you guys to really focus on praying and reading the scriptures this next week because it can help you guys so much. Have a great week!

Love you guys 

Elder McAlister

P.S. Glad to hear that you guys are doing F.H.E and Sabrina is the best little sister in the galaxy!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Elder McAlister’s mom shared Isaiah 41:10 with him this week, it says:

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

What a great scripture and a very comforting thought to know that our Heavenly Father is always there for us throughout our lives, in both good times and bad times.  He is there to lift us up and strengthen us in our times of need, but it’s important to remember him not only when we are struggling, but all the time.


Until next week enjoy a couple pictures from Sean, and you have a great week!


Sean's new companion, Elder Medina, is dressed as Peter for the Primary. 

Elder McAlster dressed as Joseph Smith for the Primary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment