Monday, November 4, 2013

First Baptism!

It was great to hear from Elder McAlister today.  He and his companion had their first baptism on Saturday! I would have been great to be there to see it. Wish we could see see pictures of the baptism, but still no sign of the package from home over a month ago that would enable that.

He sounds much more upbeat, so he must be over the sickness from last week.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Everyone,

Sounds like you guys had a really good Halloween! It sounds like mom had a really good birthday and P.F. Chang's sounds really good to me right now. 

Something really cool happened this last week. Me and Elder Donoso had our first Baptism. Oh and she choose me to baptize her. I would love to send pictures, but I still haven't revived your guy’s package. It was awesome I was really nervous. She only had four names and that wasn't hard at all. The prayer I only had the night and a little to study in the morning. It only took me one time to baptize her and it was awesome. The funny thing I dunked her really hard and fast into the water. So now that's a joke here. But we got our first baptism!!!

The cambio is today, or transfers. We found out that me and Elder Donoso are staying companions for the next 6 weeks until the next one. The house is almost the same. Elder Bueno is going to stay but Elder Watson is going to be leaving. Which makes me really sad because me and Elder Watson have gotten to be really good friends and he helps me a lot with my Spanish. But he only has about 3 months in Chile. So I’m going to be staying here in Linares for 6 more weeks which makes me happy. Oh and we have 5 baptisms on the 26 of November which is something I needed to tell you guys.

We have another rat story, and I got it on film. It was another funny story, but this one we had to chase around. I will send you guys the videos some time soon. It was super funny. Also, this week we got our lights turned out on us, so we didn't have any lights for two days which was funny but really bad at night. Now I’m glad I brought my flashlight on my mission.

Halloween in Chile isn't as fun as it is in America. Some kids got dressed for it and go around asking for candy. We didn't get egged, so that was good. I have some pictures of us with some kids dressed up, which was pretty fun. I told most people I dressed up as an American and then would speak in English to them. When it was Halloween and we were contacting, I did remember that Halloween that I got hit be so many snowballs by Dad while I was trick or treating (HaHa). They don't carve pumpkins down here or anything super fun like that. I do love your costume Sabrina, it is awesome. I hope you aren't dying from eating so much candy. 

Right now it’s been hard and with the few investigators we have it’s been going really well. We don't have that much to work with, and it’s really hard for us at times. Now we have to trust in the lord and put all of our faith and trust in him. We are hoping soon we will be able to make some really good progress with our harder investigators. I said earlier that we have 5 baptisms coming up, and they are all kids of less actives or non-actives and that's helping us with the family. We are working as hard as we can.

Thanks for everything you guys have done for me and the love and email you guys send me each week. I love to read the emails and see the things that are going on at home in pictures. I hope Tillie is surviving without me and not crying because she doesn't have my bed. I love you guys and stay strong in the church and put your trust in the lord. 

I love you guys,

Elder McAlister

P.S.

How are Mitch and Xander doing? Also, the priests and the rest of the people in the Ward and tell them they are in my prayers and thoughts!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the thoughts shared with Sean this week comes for our beloved Prophet Joseph Smith: 

"The standard of truth has been erected; No un hallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the great Jehovah shall say the work is done."

Sean is engaged in this this work right now, bringing the gospel to every country, and ear, and helping accomplish the purpose of God.  Until we next hear from Elder McAlister...have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment